RHAPSODY: Drum, Chant, Dance
Explore and express yourself at our artfully facilitated drum, music, and dance circle!
Attune to the rhythm of your heart, the song of your soul, and the dance of life. Our drum, music and dance circle creates a safe and inviting container to play within.
Sound too mysterious? Let us de-mystify you!
Each evening we will explore drumming, music, song, chant, and dance! Easy to learn drum rhythms, circle songs & chants, and dance techniques from around the globe are interwoven into shared moments of fun and community connection. No experience necessary – and we mean that!
These art forms are an innate part of our human experience. Self expression from the heart is a gift to yourself and the world. Everyone who wants to explore with us is welcome and appreciated.
DRUMS and MUSIC
We have plenty of drums to share – however you must RSVP if you want us to bring one for you. You are also encouraged to bring your own drum, shakers, or melodic instruments such as guitar or uke! Remember: We all have music and rhythm within. The “heartbeat” is the most ancient and sacred rhythm of all.
In this Circle you will experience:
- Good listening practices and making space for music to happen
- Techniques for “Jamming” with other drummers and music makers
- Simple games for interacting (verbally, non-verbally, musically, etc.)
- New avenues of expression
- An enhanced feeling of musical comprehension as you deepen your practice
Dance is an integral part of our shared experience, bringing the rhythm, music, and songs that we create into our bodies through the unspoken language of movement. We draw from specific traditions around the world, from a variety of cultures and sacred path work. Each evening will focus on a few easy to learn dance / movement techniques, to incorporate into your expression.
- Develop a strong self awareness in body, mind and spirit.
- Incorporate yogic and shamanic ‘movement tools’ for your personal growth and expression.
- Further explore authentic movement with witness/reflection exercises.
- Come express yourself through movement, and let your light shine from within.
SONG and CHANT
Experience toning, chanting, singing. We will share songs and chants from American oral tradition, earth-spirit circles, fire family, indigenous cultures, and original creations by Dakini, Heather and Tymn. Each night we will choose a few songs to learn together. These songs will be woven into the drum and dance parts of the night as well.